Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Bs and Ds on Bumblebees (free printable worksheets)

Those darn lowercase Bs and Ds are SO tricky for kinders, my youngest included. This, of course, isn't a new problem. Our oldest boy mixed them up too when he was younger. 

It might be time to break out our B, D, P, and Q spinner again (check that out here).

To get some more practice in, I created some fun worksheets to be used in a variety of ways. We used the first of the four yesterday. 


We started with the Bs and Ds on Bumblebees activity sheet. I handed my 6-year-old son the paper and two strips of yellow dot stickers; onto half of which I'd written upper case Bs and the other half had upper case Ds. 

It was my son's job to look at the lowercase letters on the bumblebees and cover each with its uppercase counterpart. 


This required a lot of thought and concentration, but my son did great! When he stumbled, I used the "bat before the ball" and "doorknob before the door" tricks to remind him.

Download the four worksheets I made for free from Google Drive here.


Aside from matching up dot stickers, kids can color all the Bs one color and the Ds another, or trace only the Bs or Ds, cover the Bs with flattened glass baubles, etc. These can be used in so many different ways. You can even laminate or insert them in plastic sheet protectors and use with dry-erase markers over and over.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment